|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
This article contains details about plotlines described in the anime.
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
A New Me (新しいわたし Atarashii Watashi) is the fifth episode of the Love Live! School idol project Season 2 anime series. It was aired on May 4, 2014.
While Honoka, Umi, and Kotori are on a field trip to Okinawa, Rin is assigned the temporary leader of μ's as they prepare for a fashion event over the weekend. Rin is not confident in herself and struggles with the responsibilities of a leader. She feels unfit to be the leader because she thinks she is not cute enough. Hanayo tells Maki about how Rin has a complex about her boyish features that people often teased her about during elementary school. Bad weather leaves Honoka's group stranded until the fashion event is over while Rin feels she is not cute enough for the fancy dress given to the center and passes the role on to Hanayo. The others can tell she is bothered about it. After Hanayo speaks with Honoka, the group arranges for Rin to wear the dress they feel fits her the most whilst everyone else wears groom outfits. The fashion event turns out to be a success and Rin ends up being more confident about expressing her femininity.
- Emi Nitta as Honoka Kosaka
- Yoshino Nanjo as Eli Ayase
- Aya Uchida as Kotori Minami
- Suzuko Mimori as Umi Sonoda
- Riho Iida as Rin Hoshizora
- Pile as Maki Nishikino
- Aina Kusuda as Nozomi Tojo
- Yurika Kubo as Hanayo Koizumi
- Sora Tokui as Nico Yazawa
- Marieve Herington as Honoka Kosaka
- Erica Lindbeck as Eli Ayase
- Cristina Vee as Kotori Minami
- Kira Buckland as Umi Sonoda
- Faye Mata as Rin Hoshizora
- Caitlin Glass as Maki Nishikino
- Laura Post as Nozomi Tojo
- Xanthe Huynh as Hanayo Koizumi
- Erica Mendez as Nico Yazawa
Members of μ's
- Honoka Kosaka
- Eli Ayase
- Kotori Minami
- Umi Sonoda
- Rin Hoshizora
- Maki Nishikino
- Hanayo Koizumi
- Nozomi Tojo
- Nico Yazawa
- Ending Credits character appearance: Rin Hoshizora
- This episode marks the second time Honoka says the sea (Umi da), a confused Umi thinks she called her. The first one is No Upperclassmen Allowed!.
- The off vocal of Puwa Puwa-O! by Printemps was used as background music during the fashion show.
- Rin had stuggles to become more feminine in order to wear the bride dress. This struggle was seen in her flashback in Season 1 Episode 4.
- Ironically, she is seen wearing a light green dress in lily white promotions.
- In the Love Wing Bell segment, a pinned notice paper seen behind Eli is actually written console logs.
- Honoka (unsuccessfully) attempted to stop the rain (on the Weather App in Kotori's phone) again since Love Live! Once Again.