Anju Inami was born on February 7, 1996. Her nickname is "Anchan". She voices Chika Takami in Love Live! Sunshine!!. She takes the center position during shows involving the second years, as well as CYaRon!.
Her call-and-response during concerts starts with "Kan kan", to which the audience replies "Mikan!". This is done three times, with the third time being slower and more emphasized. Her image color during concerts is orange.
Her current agency is Sony Music Artists.
She has voiced characters in games and sung opening songs. She also acts in various stage play adaptions.
She hosted a weekly radio show that aired every Friday from April 1, 2016, to June 24, 2016.
Personality & Hobbies
Her hobbies include watching movies both in the cinema and on DVD, as well as going to the aquarium alone. She also loves karaoke, to the point that she can sing without noticing that she isn't holding the microphone. Her talents include singing and karate, which she did for three years in middle school. Additionally, she sees swimming as a de-stressing hobby, with a history of swimming - specifically diving - for about 6 years when she was younger. She has also performed on the piano and guitar before. More recently - in reflection of her love for jazz - she has learnt to play the saxophone, and played it at one of her solo live shows.
She describes herself as a very carefree person, but can make snap decisions.
She likes to eat and her favorite food is meat, mostly chicken meat. Just like her character, she also likes mikan a lot, and can eat one or two a day in the winter. Unlike Chika though, she also loves shiokara and only drinks black coffee.
She is a fan of Love Live! and had bought merchandises, as well as balloted for concert tickets. She knew of Love Live! through Love Live! School idol festival when a friend introduced it to her. She once took part in a fan concert covering Love Live!'s songs and dances.
- For a collection of translated interviews and videos, please refer to Translated Voice Actress Content.
|Dengeki G's Magazine September 2016 - Special Interview|
--- First Inami-san, tell us your motivation to audition for "Love Live Sunshine".
--- In short, this challenge (the audition) was something that changed the present you. Then, could you describe your feelings when you learnt you would be voicing Takami Chika?
--- So, we could say you were engulfed by the pressure.
Chika's positive words guided me, and helped me release the pressure
--- What triggered this change of mindset of going forward ?
---So you're saying that not only the support of your friends and your fans saved you from the pressure, but also Chika?
---Then, here is the last question. From now, as a member of Aqours, what kind of dream do you want to fulfill?
---That's a really facing-forward (bold/direct) declaration!
- When asked about who her favorite μ's character was, she replied with "all of them".
- When talking about her image color, she always mentions that it's "not orange-colored but mikan-colored." This is important to her as mikan are local produce from Shizuoka while oranges are imported.
- On an episode of Uraraji, she confessed that she dislikes eggplants, to the point of giving away the eggplants in her lunch box to Rikyako (who happily eats them).
- Her favorite seasons are spring and summer.
- She owns a dachshund named Chai-kun, who turned 13 on November 28, 2017.
- She has a very close relationship with her father, whom she's referred to as the person she respects the most. She has stated that his influence has raised her with 'boyish' interests, including playing classic Nintendo games with him and reading shounen manga. Her father also seems to be equally fond of her, as he bought her a game console that she really wanted (strongly implied to be a Nintendo Switch) as a surprise present for her hard work during the 2nd Live Tour.
- Anju has confessed on multiple occasions that Kanako Takatsuki's face is "really her type" and that she finds her "extremely cute". When Shuka Saito mentioned she had stated this multiple times, Anju responded with "I'll say it my whole life".
- Her favourite musical genres/styles are reflected in Chika's solo songs One More Sunshine Story (theatre/Broadway) and Never giving up! (jazz).
- Please refer to this voice actress' Image Gallery.