This article contains details about plotlines described in the anime.
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
In the anime, the unit was formed by drawing lots.
In real life, the unit was formed in phases:
- March 2011, the three unit leaders, Honoka Kosaka, Umi Sonoda and Eli Ayase were revealed with this key visual. People were then given five sets of possible unit compositions, and asked to vote for which members should belong in each leader's sub-unit.
- April 2011, the new unit compositions were revealed, and people were asked to submit names for them
- May 2011, the chosen unit names were revealed.
Due to the image presented by the members, many of the name submissions to the staff had an adult and graceful feel to them. BiBi's name was meant to symbolize the sharp style and fashion exhibited by members of the group. Other highlighted submissions included "Grace Maiden" and "Shiny Silhouette."
BiBi's first single is "Diamond Princess no Yuuutsu".
Release Date: June 22, 2011
BiBi's second single is "Cutie Panther".
Release Date: July 24, 2013
BiBi's third single is "Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan".
Release Date: December 24, 2014
"Silent tonight" is a bonus single sung by BiBi.
Release Date: December 25, 2014
"Saitei de Saikou no Paradiso" is a bonus single sung by BiBi. It was released as a lottery prize at theaters, with a chance for every ticket purchased for Love Live! The School Idol Movie.
Release Date: May 23, 2015
"Sakkaku CROSSROADS" is a Love Live! School Idol Festival collaboration single sung by BiBi.
Release Date : January 20, 2016
- Due to both Eli and Maki being individually popular, as well as Nico and Maki being a popular pairing, BiBi has always been the most popular sub-unit with single sales above the other two units.
- BiBi's trademark introduction at live concerts involves them shouting BiBi multiple times, with the audience repeating it back to them with the same beat.
- In the anime, only Eli, Nico and Maki, or BiBi collectively, were directly invited by Honoka to become a member of μ's.
- As named by Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school activity~, this sub-unit's outfit in Diamond Princess no Yuutsu is named "Leather Gloss Queen". The other sub-units' outfits are also named by the same source.