Nijigasaki High School Idol Club (虹ヶ咲学園スクールアイドル同好会), often abbreviated as Nijigaku (ニジガク), is the collective name of school idols from Nijigasaki High School. They were originally created as a new set of girls — joining µ's and Aqours — exclusive for the mobile game Love Live! School Idol Festival ALL STARS.
The idol club initially started as a 5 member unit led by Setsuna Yuki till falling apart due to creative differences and have reformed with 13 members: 12 school idols and Ayumu's childhood friend, the player/protagonist, as their manager and song composer in All STARS. For the anime adaptation, a new character named Yu Takasaki was used to adopt the role of the player.
These are the positions for all the members:
- Player (Anata) - (Manager/Co-founder; Reformed) (Lyricist) (Co-composer)
- Ayumu Uehara - (Reformed) Unknown
- Kasumi Nakasu - (Co-founder; Original) (Co-founder; Reformed) Unknown
- Shizuku Osaka - (Co-founder; Original) Unknown
- Karin Asaka - (Reformed) Unknown
- Ai Miyashita - (Reformed) Unknown
- Kanata Konoe - (Co-founder; Original) Unknown
- Setsuna Yuki - (Leader/Co-founder; Original) (Choreographer)
- Emma Verde - (Co-founder; Original) Unknown
- Rina Tennoji - (Reformed) Unknown
- Shioriko Mifune - (Reformed) Unknown
- Mia Taylor - (Reformed) (Co-composer)
- Lanzhu Zhong - (Reformed) Unknown
Nijiyon (にじよん) is an official 4-koma series that depicts the lives of the Nijigasaki High School Idol Club. The comic is illustrated by Miyakohito and new chapters are published during Tuesdays.
Season 1 is on the School Idol Festival: ALL STARS website.
Season 2 is on Dengeki G's website.
Season 4 are also in video format and are published on Love Live!'s official YouTube channel every Tuesday starting July 6, 2021.
The radio program includes radio dramas of the Nijigasaki girls as well as other information. New episodes are published on HiBiKi Radio station. The main personalities were chosen via voting.
On December 15, at the end of Day 2 of Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club First Live with You!, it was announced that an anime adaptation for the spin-off project is in development. It was announced with the tagline "Let's Fly Past That Rainbow". It will be a "brand new story" and a separate plot from the game Love Live! School Idol Festival ALL STARS.
A new main character was revealed on January 29, 2020, who will take the role of the player character in ALL STARS. There were a campaign and voting to decide her name; and on May 15, 2020, it was revealed that her name is Yu Takasaki. On September 12, 2020, during the evening session of Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 2nd Live! Brand New Story it was announced that the anime will premiere its first episode on October 3, 2020 and Hinaki Yano, a new cast member, is the voice of Yu Takasaki.
On October 3, 2021, during a livestream, the second season was announced to be premiering in April 2022.
Kizuna Comic Books
Comic books bundled along with wall tapestries of each of the first nine Nijigasaki school idols in swimwear were released in Fall 2020. The comics are a tie-in to the girls' first few bond episodes in Love Live! All Stars. A 2-volume compilation of all 9 chapters will be released on May 28, 2021.
Rainbow Days Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Real Face Photo Essay Series are books that include illustrations and text essays from each of the Nijigasaki girls' point-of-view. The essays ties in with Nijigasaki's TV anime story.
- 01 〜Kasumi・Ai・Setsuna〜 (Release Date: November 30, 2020)
- 02 〜Kanata・Emma・Rina〜 (Release Date: January 29, 2021)
- 03 〜Ayumu・Shizuku・Karin〜 (Release Date: March 31, 2021)
- 04 〜Yu〜 (Release Date: January 31, 2022)
The series also received audiobook versions with exclusive stories starting with Kasumi on December 18, 2021.
- Three of the group members were the winners of a popularity poll for Love Live! School idol festival, while the rest are original characters.
- Before the project was announced, a popularity poll started in Love Live! School idol festival which asked the players to vote for their favorite character with the "N" rarity. Emma Verde won in first place, Shizuku Osaka in second place, and Kanata Konoe in third place.
- Unlike µ's, Aqours and Liella!, they are not a unit, but instead are solo idols.
- Please refer to this group's Image Gallery.