Shioriko Mifune is a main character in Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club. She is a first year student of Nijigasaki High School. She is a member of R3BIRTH, a unit under the reformed Nijigaku. Her image color is jade.
Shioriko is the second daughter of the prestigious and wealthy Mifune family. She challenges Setsuna Yuki for the position of student council president by initiating a re-election because she is dissatisfied with Setsuna's leadership. Shioriko believes that students should do things they can succeed at rather than follow their passions. She states that if she wins, she will disband the School Idol Club.
Shioriko is described as calm and academically gifted. She values Japanese tradition and has been trained in traditional dance and flower arranging. She has a talent for identifying people's strengths and weaknesses, and uses this to help students at Nijigasaki High School succeed in their club activities by offering advice. Although people are initially upset upon hearing her suggestions, they become thankful when it leads to them succeeding. And despite her somewhat stiff demeanor and lack of self-expression, Shioriko often yearns to connect with others, deep down. However, the differences between the game and the anime are massive: in the former, she is overly pragmatic, strict, cold and even antagonistic in her behavior, while in the latter, despite her serious disposition, she is genuinely nice and kind.
Clubs and Hobbies
As of Chapter 9 of the All Stars story, Shioriko is the Nijigasaki High School student council president, succeeding Setsuna. She spends time interacting more with the members of Nijigasaki, allowing her to understand their fulfilment of being idols despite other talents. In Chapter 17 of the main story, Shioriko officially joins the Nijigasaki High School Idol Club as its 11th member and 10th school idol. She enjoys using her spare time volunteering, and can be seen interacting with kids at the children's center, or picking up litter around the neighborhood.
Shioriko has a slim figure with semi-long dark green hair and vermilion eyes. She wears a small yellow hair ribbon on the left side.
The songs featuring Shioriko are:
Nijigasaki High School Idol Club (Group)
- TOKIMEKI Runners (Chapter 17 Ver.)
- Just Believe!!!
- L! L! L! (Love the Life We Live)
- Miracle STAY TUNE!
- Yume ga Bokura no Taiyou sa
- Ryouran! Victory Road
- Colorful Dreams! Colorful Smiles!
- Future Parade
- Level Oops! Adventures
- Eien no Isshun
- The name Shioriko means "bookmark" (栞) (shiori) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Shioriko's surname Mifune means "three" (三) (mi) and "boat, ship, vessel" (船) (fune).
- Shioriko fulfills the pure attribute of the Nijigaku first years, sharing her year and attribute with Kasumi Nakasu. In All Stars, she fulfills the smile attribute instead.
- According to Kasumi, Shioriko always wears a kimono while at home.
- Shioriko has an older sister named Kaoruko Mifune.
- Shioriko is the first school idol to join a school idol club/group after it already had 9 school idols.
- As a result of this, she was not a part of a unit for an entire year after joining as the rest of the group already had their respective units. It was not until Mia and Lanzhu officially joined Nijigaku that she was able to form a unit.
- Shioriko is the first 1st year student in the franchise to assume the position of student council president.
- However, Ren Hazuki was the first 1st year to assume the position in a Love Live! TV anime.
- When Nijigasaki High School Idol Club was first announced as a new project, Shioriko was already planned.
- Prior to the reveal of the visual for the anime's second season, a leaked listing of the 6th Capsule Rubber Mascot line indirectly supported the hypothesis of her potentially appearing in the anime, as she possesses the anime-themed bowtie.
- Shioriko is one of the seven girls to join a group after they debuted, following Mia and Lanzhu.
- When the Nijigasaki club gave gifts to Shioriko with elements to help her with her songs, Setsuna gifts her with a theme from "an enemy commander from a movie, who's a masked anti-hero, enemy to the main character and more popular than it, and uses a 'laser-like blade'"; this is a direct reference to Darth Vader, from Star Wars.
- Shioriko is listed as one of the few choices for the 6th "Additional Pairing Vote Plan (ちょい足しペア投票企画)" (where the winner will pair with Yu Takasaki on a future Dengeki G's illustration cover), indicating a hint for her potential appearance in animation. This turns out to be an error, as Dengeki G's later corrects it on February 4, 2021.
- The Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Shuffle Festival concert shows Shioriko's performance of Starlight. Ironically, fans indirectly relate it to Moeka Koizumi's other role as Nana Daiba from Revue Starlight, where in one episode she openly ranted to her competitor that she hated performing "Starlight".
- However, the "Starlight" in both franchises are different.
- Please refer to this character's Image Gallery.